This chocolate cheesecake recipe uses semi-sweet chocolate morsels along with cocoa for an intensely rich chocolate experience. It is pure delicious!
2 c. graham cracker crumbs3/4 c. butter, melted
1 (12 oz.) pkg. semisweet chocolate morsels1 1/4 c. sugar3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened3 eggs2 tsp. vanilla extract1 tbsp. cocoa1 (16 oz.) carton sour cream
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, mixing well; firmly press on bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
2. Place semisweet morsels in top of double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts.
3. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar, mixing well.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Stir in cocoa, melted chocolate, and vanilla; mix until blended. Stir in sour cream, blending well. Pour into crust.
6. Bake at 300F for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack; chill at least 6 hours until firm. The cheesecake is then ready to serve.... great decadence !