Try this mouth watering Turtle Cheesecake recipe created with smooth caramel and rich chocolate.This is a sinfully decadent dessert, worth every single calorie.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs14 ounces individually wrapped caramels1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk1/2 cup white sugar1 cup chopped pecans1 teaspoon vanilla extract2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 2 eggs
1. Melt the butter and combine with the vanilla wafer crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Place the evaporated milk in a 1-1/2 quart heavy saucepan, and melt the caramels in it over low heat. Heat and stir frequently until smooth. Pour mixture onto crust, and top with pecans.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla; beat well until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after adding each egg.
4. Melt the chocolate, and combine with the cream cheese mixture. Pour over the carmel pecan mixture in springform pan.
5. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes. Loosen cake from the edges of pan, but do not remove rim until cooled. Chill completely. This cheesecake recipe is ready... a must try recipe !